Best of AFF 2010 - seen from the stairs
I have to stop doing free labour ah. It's no joke to do 2 whole days of ushering coupled with non-stop goodie bag unpacking and packing and 10 minute meal breaks for the Audi fashion festival 2010. To add on, the management were quite cocked-up and there's a serious flaw in their information dissemination systems.
Other than the usual mega screw ups (from their side!) and upsetting comments from some of the nasty audience, the other highlights were the shows themselves. That was the most rewarding part of this volunteer stint. To be able to watch the shows from the elevated stairs beside the cameras was like being on the set of Project Runway or ANTM.
My fav show is definitely the Marchesa show on April 30th. I didn't know that brand before the show so I was totally awed by the designs showcased:
2nd fav was by Warehouse:
So tempted to get some of the pieces. But they must be at damn expensive prices.
Local label alldressedup held its own beside mass-market and international labels:
Will I volunteer again? No, unless the management improves by leaps and bounds. But I do wish to attend another show again. Best is to be in the VIP area before the show, front row seats during the show and after party access after the show!