There is a reason why I inform you after I have made the choice, instead of consulting you beforehand all these years
I felt the vast generation gap today. I tot my older generation will be more understanding. It's just a one month off - in between school and full-time work. Is it so hard to understand the need for rest and fulfill my wanderlust with my fellow graduates?
Having a different mindset doesn't mean I am wrong and I don't get my priorities right. Have you been to university or even gone through the education system today? Have you ever handled so much stress that you can burst anytime? No! Then what gives you the right to dictate that I cannot travel and do anything I like for a month after graduation?! HUH?!
And what's with finding a job that I have no interest in?! I know that some of the working people out there work day in day out to bring the dough home, regardless of whether they like the job or not. But I, being in the new generation of workers, believe that interest is one of the key factors to drive oneself to go to work each day and motivate oneself to improve. There is a reason why young people are willing to give up a high-paying banker's job or a stable accounting job for other jobs that may pay less. We are talking about the possibility of finding a job that is interesting to me here. I cannot cannot cannot imagine getting up each day for a job that I do not remotely enjoy. I do not mean to brag here, but hello, I have a degree and that should give me enough freedom to choose and choices to choose from for the job that I want to do.
I am not asking for a gap year here. I am also not asking for any extra money. You say that there'll be plenty of time to travel when I work. But have you even tried getting a group of working adults to settle on a date to travel a few months beforehand (settling a dinner date is a quest by itself!) and would you like to travel once without having to work remotely while overseas? I understand fully that I am needed to contribute to the income of the family. Hence my best effort to search and secure a job before going on my trips. Plus, I must emphasize this - it's only a month of holiday. Come on, even the slackest of students deserves a break. Would you like me to pay you 10% of my predicted income to pacify you?! I do not want to resort to such actions that are used to pacify nasty customers. But if it is needed to shut that trap then I just may do the transfer.
For the record, I am not wrong, I just think differently from you.