Two O One O
2010 has been a year of major changes and even major lessons learnt.
The last semester of my university life has been no less hectic from the rest, despite taking the least number of modules and SU-ing the most number of electives. No thanks to the huge-ass 8AUs worth of FYP! 1 year of sheer hard work and late nights brought me probably my greatest academic achievement to date. Other than that, the last semester was pretty much a haze right now coz it went by so fast!
And then it was out of the comfort of the school walls and into the working world. I have said this many times and I will say it again - I will always miss those school days. It's just the feeling of walking along the corridors, day or night, getting projects done, Friday night chilling sessions, hall life and all the what nots that come with the lightness of being a student.
But working life is not too shabby either. It's vastly different from anything I've ever done. The fact that it is full-time and requires so much time and effort into the job really pushes myself to think about the possibilities and opportunities available. Hopefully, 2011 will bring returns worthy of the investments and risks taken.
2010 has also been a year when I'd travel the most - Bangkok in Jan, Bintan in Jan, Vietnam and Korea in May and Kuala Lumpur in Dec. No where exotic or for long periods but travelling has really opened my eyes and mind. And I can only be more thankful that I'm living in Singapore. It's not perfect living but at least it is easier.
Actually after penning all those down, I realise that there wasn't that much of a major change in my life after all. Family - unchange, friends - still keeping in touch with those that matter. Maybe that's why I don't really get all that hype about counting down to the new year. After crossing over, nothing has change since the last second and life still goes on as usual. Oh my iphone alarm stopped working but that was all. Hmm, what am I missing out?!
You're in everyone I see. So tell me, do you see me?