我排着队 拿着爱的号码牌
Lessons learnt while growing up/old: The adult world is filled with secrets. If there was a superpower I would want to have, it will no doubt be the ability to read thoughts. Then it will be an all access pass to all secrets that the adults do not tell the world. Forget about gossips and stories that people confide their best friends with, the most earth-shattering happenings are those that we do not breath a word to.
Maybe it's just the place that I've spend so much time at. With all the long hours, low percentage of people with a red light marital status, high level of human contact, outgoing personalities and close proximity of to one another, can't blame the people for having such screwed up connections. There are some that eventually leaked out and some that spiraled out of control into watercooler tales - no one knows which ones are true and which ones are just rumours because no parties directly involved will admit anything. Sometimes these stories, real or not, end up affecting the way I think about a person and messes up the thoughts that go through my mind when I'm interacting with him/her. It is fascinating yet worrying at the same time. I highly doubt this can been seen in other places where people typically spend more time facing their computers than facing human beings.
On a completely different topic, slow chinese songs never fail to bring the emo side out of all of us. I reckon it's the vulnerable voice, the tune and the lyrics, especially the lyrics. Those song writers sure brings out the beautiful complexity of the language with the way they express those stories in the songs. And to think I used to hate that language so much because it was so hard to study.
IMO, no one does this emo thing better than 孙燕姿 and 郭美美:
和他的童话放回书架 就当回忆是张借书卡 记录我的傻 感情去了哪 如今都搁下 才不复杂
~郭美美 - 代我爱他
Distance makes the heart wander. If you are not near the one you love, you love the one who is near - How very true indeed.